TSUGARU NAVI -津軽なび 青森県津軽地域観光情報サイト-

Aomori prefecture Tsugaru area tourist information site

Top page SightseeingDazai Osamu Memorial Museum "Shayokan"

  Dazai Osamu Memorial Museum "Shayokan"

Major Meiji era landowner Genemon Tsushima, Osamu Dazai's father, had this gabled-roof house built in June of 1907. All of the buildings, including the rice storehouse, were built from cypress and the whole garden, including the house and ponds, covers over 2,200 square meters. After the war the Tsushima family sold the land and from 1950 it became Shayokan, a tourist attraction and ryokan. However, in March of 1996 the (former) Kanagi-machi bought and restored it to its original state to become the current memorial museum.

May to October 8:30 am ~ 6:00 pm
November to~April 9:00 am ~ 5:00 pm
Closing day December 29
General 500 Yen
High school student and University student 300 Yen
Elementary school student and Middle school students 200 Yen
412-1 Asahiyama Kanagi-cho,Goshogawara
Dazai Osamu Memorial Museum "Shayokan"
Take the Gono Line from JR Hirosaki Station to JR Goshogawara Station. About 50 minutes.
Walk from JR Goshogawara Station to nearby Tsugaru Railway Tsugaru Goshogawara Station.
Take Tsugaru Railway from Tsugaru Goshogawara Station to Tsugaru Railway Kanagi Station, about 20 minutes.
It's about 7 minutes walk from Tsugaru Railway Kanagi Station.
Related Links

Other information in Goshogawara